Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Bali





Vacation to Bali with dear husband. Accommodated at Grand Mirage Resort, Bali. 30 minutes from airport. Overall, I rate 8 out of 10 points. The only issue I had was the air-con in our room. Oh by the way, our room was Deluxe Ocean View Room. We set the air-con temperature to it's lowest but it's not cold at all. I don't know if the air-con in other rooms are working better than us.
Anyway, as usual, had a wonderful quality time with my husband. We did Sea Walker on our first day. We did in the morning at 9.30am. I prefer Seawalker in Boracay way better reason is the because the water in Boracay is so much clearer. Here in Bali, well, I don't hate it, I don't love it. The wave current was so strong, I couldn't walk freely. I was all over the place, tripped many times too. Whereas in Boracay, I'm able to walk, dance and even lay down on the ground. But we had fun. After lunch, we went for out half day tour around Bali. We did not go to many places in Bali due to budget. We learned so much about Bali cultures. Interesting I must say. On our 2nd day, we had a 2 hrs road trip to Tulamben. Worth the trip! It's was diving day! My first dive in my life! I don't have license to dive but I signed up for Discover Scuba Diving. I was expecting at least an hour of theory lesson & pool sessions but NO! They just handed me a guidebook, told me to read carefully and that's it. I told myself before changing to diving suit, 'AM I READY?' I'm worried something bad will happen to me. But Alhamdulillah, I'm still alive! Of course, the instructor guided me throughout the dive. He did not leave me all by myself, he's always beside me, holding on to my tank just in case I panic he knows what to do next. It was difficult & uncomfortable at first breathing through your mouth using an oxygen tank under water. I did not panic and I'm so proud of myself! My husband was with me supporting me and motivating me to keep diving. He's a licensed scuba diver and it's his hobby. He loves the sea. It makes him relax. But after these dives, I don't know if I will take up Open Water Diving Course on just go for DSD again. I need someone to always look after me underwater. hahahahaha.. wth Palin. Anyway, our dives was at Liberty Shipwreck Tulamben. Beautiful place to do scuba diving! Lots of fishes and corals. And you can see the shipwreck too. On our last day, went shopping at Kuta and by late noon, just chill at the hotel's beach. Thank you for  an awesome holiday in Bali dear husband. Honestly, I told him I don't want to go Bali but he persuaded me to go. So yeah, hope you enjoyed your time with me in Bali dear. :p