Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Gili Trawangan



15th September 2009; The day I said YES to my husband to be his official 'girlfriend'. To date, we still celebrate it. And no it's not a Wedding Anniversary. So don't be confuse. This year, I pestered my husband to bring me to Gili Trawangan to celebrate our 5 years of love. And so, he agreed. As usual, I planned the itineraries and did all the bookings. We chose to fly with Garuda Indonesia from Singapore to Lombok. Why GI not Silkair? The good thing about Silkair is they have direct flight to Lombok but they don't have a morning flight available on the date we intend to travel. So we flew with GI to Jakarta and changed plane to Lombok.I have arranged transportation service beforehand. It costed me RP 1,2000,00 for one way journey from Lombok Airport to Gili Trawangan. Convert to SGD it's approximately $130. It include 2hrs private car drive from Lombok to Speed Boat pick-up location, 10mins Speed Boat to Gili Trawangan and Horse Cart Ride to Hotel. Pretty expensive I must say. I didn't know where and how to search for a cheaper rate so we just go for it.


We accommodated at Hotel Ombak Sunset. A bit far from town area. Roughly 10-15mins walking distance. Depend on how fast you walk. I rate Ombak Sunset 5 Stars. Staffs are all friendly and accommodating, fast and efficient. The room we had is HUGE! Swimming pool is the largest in Gili Trawangan. And they have a swing in the sea.  Just amazing! Food? Not so much of varieties. I prefer it's neighbor hotel, Aston, Sunset Beach Resort. They serve more delicious food. What to do in Gili? You can rent a bike and cycle around Gili Trawangan. I don't know the rates though. You can arrange for Island hopping to Gili Meno & Gili Air. Or you can go for Scuba Diving in many dives area in Gili Islands. There's other water-sport activities that you can do too.
 




Happy 5 Years to us! Alhamdulillah

Instagram
Twitter
Facebook
fazlinferrer@hotmail.sg